out of the ashes

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

So, here we are...

Hello
I'm Patrick. Glad you could make it.

I write. Herein find some things I've done; will be doing. Some of my interests will creep in--books I've read recently, and some far in the past. Things that inspire and move me. Words and ideas that captivate me and urge me to try doing as well.

I'll share my thoughts and invite you to share yours. Of course all the rules of civility apply here. Beyond that, post what you like; ask questions and share your interests, new finds in good literature and music, old favorites.

I'm working on the rewrite of my first novel, The Redemption of Marvin Fuster right now. Mid-summer I went back to it, determined to get it right. The first draft had its charming spots and (I think) incredible sections...the jail in Denver remodeled into a masterpiece of art. The Sistine Chapel created there by the inmates. But, it has to go in the second draft in favor of a more realistic plot. More character development; less sub-plots. Pared down prose.

Marvin is still irascible--on a quest to reverse his age and win a young woman's heart, the young beauty by the name of Amy. That's pretty much where the similarity to the first draft ends.

Writing is difficult. Period. It's balance and movement. and, as someone said, "scene in motion." You know, it takes a village, to steal a line from...who said that, lol?
I'll be talking to you, I hope. Soon.
Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment