out of the ashes

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Redemption of Marvin Fuster

The comments were good. More than good; excitement about it.
T..."Whoa, I was shocked!" "You got it, don't change anything."
C offered some suggestions about giving away too much at the party. Wasn't keen on Angela's intrusive pov, either. I always had a tendency with Redemption to go all over the place regarding getting into peoples' heads. I didn't think it was particularly, or technically, a pov shift in Angela's case. Just the author swinging the camera, as it were.
I'm reading "The Gargoyle". So far a FABULOUS book. I get lucky sometimes at Borders. At any rate, the author, writing in 1st person does this at times. I think I'm okay...but I will re-read the party scene after I let it simmer on the back burner in my head and take another look at that.
The Epilogue. C was knocked out. "You did it!" T. "Wow..."

Already tweaked the last chapter and the Epilogue somewhat...added a few clarifying sentences/words. But, yeah, I did. This time I really did.
I deleted the 1st 150 pages day before last. Struggled coming up with a new entry chapter. I MUST keep the dream sequence intact...edit the opening portion of it somewhat, but the walk with Amy on the country road, beside the tree must stay as is. "Desire". That was effective and not overwritten. It speaks directly to the Epilogue, or vice versa. Sets the tenor of the quest.
I wrote four pages last night. Chapter One...sent them off to C for her comments. I know what she'll say...laughing. Okay, I'll make the changes.
I plan to finish the rewrite in no more than two months, then another final edit. SOMEONE write a decent query letter for me!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for listening and regarding C's comments. You have a winner here and that's not just Emily's Dad speaking. I feel it and know it. congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete