out of the ashes

Monday, June 21, 2010

Okay, So...

...So I've got Amy into the office, with a minimum of proselytizing and spiritual conjecture. It only took a couple of paragraphs to get her up the street, past the cathedral and the State Capitol building, and then up the elevator to the third floor. Sampson and Delilah, Attorneys at Law. Whew!
Now, John Sampson is standing at her desk with several file folders in hand. Pleadings. I had to re-google that one again. Sooooo...what does overbearing, lustful John say to her? Or what does she say to John?
"Hello, Amy."
"Hi, John."
"It's a beautiful morning, isn't it?"
"Yes, John, it is a beautiful morning."
"You look ravishing in that short, white dress with your black pumps and satin blouse. The way you've fixed your shining auburn hair--letting it fall over one eye so deliciously..."
"Oh, John, really. I was looking at your six foot-four frame and your sandy-blond hair. The chiseled features of your face and ravenous look in your eyes, set a little too deeply for my comfort. But, what are you doing rummaging through my files?"
"Well, Amy, technically they're not your files..."

Good grief, sometimes it's IMPOSSIBLE.

I"ll get it. I'll get it. I just have to "become" an attorney for a few minutes. I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment