out of the ashes

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Seven

I started Seven...I dunno', two or three days ago. Amy is off to the office--the introduction chapter of John Delilah and John Sampson.
So I do a little back story about Roget as an introduction--he's "watching" over Amy. That's pretty much okay except it got into this rambling theological back-at-the-beginning-of-the-Big-Bang thing. Chopped most of that as it was authorial anyway. The thrust of the chapter is simply to get Amy into the office and interacting with her two bosses. No big deal.
The creation of the universe isn't enough, though, so I wind up introducing a neighbor who wears a toupee and always tries to sidle up to Amy...and on and on and on. Four pages of her LEAVING the complex. Hey, wait. Who cares about how and why God created the universe and about Darnell Shiegs, the dorky neighbor anyway? Just get her to the office!

I cut four pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment