out of the ashes

Friday, October 5, 2012

The Hunger Games

Halfway through the book. Should I be surprised that I love it? Why was I so mentally opposed to reading it long ago? My brain works funny. For some reason I associated the name Suzanne Collins with Dallas, lol. No, not the city, the TV series. I admit, I'm sometimes plagued by preconceived prejudices. But Pammy rented the movie about a week ago, and I recall thinking, Okay, I'll give it a shot. I'm tired of writing...At first I was intrigued, and as the movie progressed I was knocked out. How could you not relate to Katniss and Peeta, and fall in love with little Rue? The Games host was perfect! Perfectly cast as well. Every character was, really.
So, I bought the first two books of the series.  The Hunger Games is one of those little gems that once in, you don't want to leave. The downside for me is, I know the plot! Oh well. It's marvelous. So glad to have stumbled into its net. I have no idea what will happen in the second book, but I relish the thought of reading on.

No comments:

Post a Comment