out of the ashes

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

I Hate Blogging

Did I say that?

Yes I did, and here's why in a nutshell.

First off, it takes time. That's not a very good excuse, I admit, but it is true in my case. "I should be 'over there', doing (this or that). Not jabbering away. Here. Hmm...I'm working on the final chapter of my novel-in-progress. THAT'S where I really need to be!

Second, and more importantly, Miz Devilish Aloor (fictional name, mind you), and Rhoda Stump have just written blog posts at their gorgeous sites, and they've brought up THE MOST INTERESTING topics. I feel kind of dumb by comparison. And we all, as writers, do that comparison thing. Right? Good. I'm not alone at least. I go kind of brain-dead when it comes to thinking up fabulously interesting things to say.


I listened to a video promo by this guy who's very successful in launching and maintaining his blog...over at Wordpress.

I created a blog this morning there because he made it look so bloody simple. It was. In my Welcome introductory post at my brand-spanking new blog, I committed to posting once per week. Now I'm stuck. Getting the shivers. I mean, what do I really know about this exciting, mad business of writing the next best seller?

Better start thinking!

Anyway, here's my Wordpress address if you want to see what's gonna' happen:)

https://patrickseanlee.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment